Um… I don’t know about you, but meetings can be tough to enjoy unless there’s food included. Then at that point I’ll put up with any meeting as long as my face gets fed.
But if you’re going to be stuck in meetings all day then you better get some It’s a Grind Coffee in your mug and buckle up. Don’t worry, you won’t have to white knuckle the whole event, I’m going to give you some tips and tricks to make meetings go faster. Ready? Let’s begin!
1. When they ask if anyone has questions. Just say no. In fact, convince others who are going to those meetings with you to not ask any questions. Just have them email their questions to the presenter after the meeting.
2. Get an “emergency phone call.” This one will need the help of a colleague. Basically you have them call your phone about 10-15 minutes into the meeting. You get the call, you act like you HAVE to take it, you excuse yourself. Take the fake call, act concerned. Then walk back in the meeting and say you need to take off because there’s an emergency. Boom! you’re free! After the meeting some may ask you what it was, then you can just make up some sort of story about your kids or just tell them that it wasn’t really an emergency, but someone exaggerated the situation.
3. Conference call. No need to leave your office to go to a meeting. Just tell them you’ll join in via conference call. Little do they know you’ll be on Facebook or Instagram the whole time. Shoot, you might as well head over to Amazon and get yourself something nice.
4. Take one for the team. If you work in a team environment, go to a meeting on behalf of your team. But make sure you’ve got some sort of rotation thing going that way you don’t get stuck going to all of the meetings…unless there’s food. Then it wouldn’t be so bad.
5. Just go. If you can’t avoid the meeting, then just man/woman up and go. But make sure you drink enough It’s a Grind Coffee to stay away, the last thing you want to do is fall asleep.